Join me for this free Udemy class where we will explore Population Pyramids using Python and finish by building a web application. You will be able to choose a country, a continent, even the whole world, and choose a year, it can the current one, a past one, or even peer into the future and it will build these automatically.
A Population Pyramids is a graph that quantifies males versus females by age segments. As you can see, on the left in light blue are the males and in light red, the females and each row represent an age group.
These graphs are very important because they not only highlight the challenges of a society they can also point to future ones. It is a great planning tool for administrations and businesses to understand current needs and anticipate future problems.
We will build a series of population pyramid plots in Python and a Jupyter notebook and end the class by porting it all to the web into a mobile web application to share your work with the world!
All the code needed is provided in the resource folder.
Who this course is for:
- Python developers, budding data scientists, entrepreneurs
- The curious who like to roll up their sleeves and find their own answers
What you’ll learn
- How to explore population pyramids
- Learn how societies develop and evolve
- Build web applications using Python and Flask
- Build bar plots in Python
- Explore demographic data
- Apply data science to understand population growth
Also Check:- [FREE]Python Programming – Beginner to Advanced