Please note: the first lecture(introduction lecture) audio is very low, so please turn up your pc/windows/mac desktop audio to max, so that you can hear the first lecture clearly.
Ubuntu Linux BASH shell terminal is used for this course.
An introduction course to the typical Unix/Linux Shell Command Basics, meant for beginners, and therefore does not go into advanced details. If you would like an advanced course on this, please let me know.
A Unix shell is a command-line interpreter or shell that provides a command line user interface for Unix-like operating systems. The shell is both an interactive command language and a scripting language, and is used by the operating system to control the execution of the system using shell scripts.
In computing, a shell is a user interface for access to an operating system’s services. In general, operating system shells use either a command-line interface (CLI) or graphical user interface (GUI), depending on a computer’s role and particular operation.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in learning more about Linux and to better manage Linux OS, as well as better manage any Linux related jobs/careers.
- Anyone looking for a job/career where they will use Linux on a daily basis. Example: AWS engineers.
- Many coders, developers, programmers use Linux to do their development work on, instead of windows.
- Mac OS users too, because Mac OS is based on Unix/Linux, and therefore similar commands on the terminal(correct me if I’m wrong?).
What you’ll learn
- Intro to basic shell terminal commands for Linux operating systems(debian distributions)
- With Windows OS you can get along fine without knowing any terminal commands, but this is the opposite for Linux OS.
- Having a basic knowledge of Linux terminal commands will greatly help Linux newbies to get comfortable with this OS, and to manage it.
- 99% of Linux based jobs require you to have at least a basic knowledge of Linux terminal commands.